Monday, May 17, 2004

San Francisco Librarian Susan Hildreth is taking off to lead the Tucson-Pima Public Library in Arizona. She said she's appreciated working with Mayor Gavin Newsom, but the job is a "great opportunity I didn't want to pass up."

Here's the e-mail she sent staff on Friday:

"Greetings to all staff. I have some difficult news to share with you all. I have submitted my resignation to Mayor Newsom effective June 30, 2004 and will be assuming the Library Director position for the Tucson-Pima Public Library in Tucson, Arizona in July. I have had a wonderful time serving in a leadership capacity here at the San Francisco Public Library. I will always treasure the experiences that I have had and the friendships that I have developed. The Mayor and his staff, the Library Commission and the Management Team will develop a transition plan shortly and will keep all of you informed as to what is happening. Again, thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with such a talented and dedicated group of people."

No comments:

Post a Comment